Safety is our priority
Family Tree Therapies values your health and safety and is monitoring the evolution of the Coronavirus carefully.
Our clinicians currently offer sessions in office as well as via telehealth. Family Tree Therapies will continue to do so during the current pandemic. We encourage continuing telehealth services for any clients that are at risk, or for any family currently uncomfortable with in-office sessions.
Our offices remain open while following CDC guidelines. Rest assured, we will continue to refine our processes and protocols in our facilities, with health and safety as our guide, as long as this pandemic remains a threat. Things our facilities are currently doing to provide the safest experience:
- Daily temperature checks for each client and associate. Any persons with a temperature of 99.5 or above will not be permitted to enter the building.
- Hand washing prior to session starting
- Masks are required in order to enter the building.
- Routine disinfecting in between each session.
- Sanitation stations set up at check in and down each disciplines hallway
In order to alleviate large crowds, the waiting room will remain closed. Parents may wait in the car after dropping off their child to his/her therapist. There are no siblings allowed in the building. Clinicians will text the client when they are ready for the session to begin, and the client will walk directly to the therapist’s treatment room. Should the client need an escort, a parent/caregiver is permitted to accompany them to the treatment room.
The staff at Family Tree reserve the right to request that anyone presenting with a cough, runny nose, or other symptoms of illness leave the building and reschedule when healthy.
Sessions will be shortened by 5 minutes to allow for thorough cleaning & disinfecting in between clients. The sensory gyms will remain closed, as they contain surfaces that are not easily & efficiently disinfected after every use.
Clinicians will communicate via email if more time is needed to discuss your child’s plan of care. Clients may call the office at 616.447.7799 to make payment, or leave a card on file with our front desk coordinators for easy transactions. We will email you payment receipts.
We will send updates with any additional temporary changes to our policy in the interest of the health and wellness of our Grand Rapids and Rockford communities.
COVID-19 Screening and Questionnaire
To ensure the safety of everyone, please answer the following questions. To enter the building, you will need to verbally acknowledge that your responses were no to all questions, for both YOUR CHILD AND ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD. If you answered yes to any question below for your child or anyone in your home, please go home and reschedule your session, potentially reaching out to your PCP if necessary.
- Do you have a fever greater than 99.5F / 37.8C?
- Do you have a severe cough that started or has gotten worse in the last 48 hours?
- Do you show symptoms of pink eye or an earache?
- Do you have shortness of breath that started in the last 48 hours?
- Do you have muscle aches that started or has gotten worse in the last 48 hours?
- In the last 48 hours have you felt significantly more tired than usual?
- Do you have a runny nose or nasal congestion that started or has gotten worse in the last 48 hours?
- Do you have a sore throat that started or has gotten worse in the last 48 hours?
- Do you have nausea or diarrhea that started or has gotten worse in the last 48 hours?
- Due to the ever changing nature of this virus and travel we ask the following of you. If you travel, or have not been social distancing, please take appropriate precautions. If you have been at a large, indoor or outdoor event (more than 10 people), without proper precautions, we ask that you do not keep your appointments for 10 days following said event or travel.
- Please note that as COVID cases change and state continue to see spikes we will adjust our travel policies accordingly.